The List Goes On and On... But These are My Top 5
I read many books throughout the year. My main genre is young adult fiction dealing with the realms of dystopian and fantasy. I will tell you about my five favorite books here, but if you want a more accurate view of my addiction, you should look at my pinterest page. http://pinterest.com/lakinwooliver/boards/
1. The Mortal Instruments is my favorite book series. This book has a little something to please everyone. It has shadow hunters who fight demons, vampires, fairies, werewolves, angels, demons, and warlocks. The thing I really love about this series is how invested you get into the characters. You really get to know them, and they all change so much. No one stays static. Cassandra Clare definitely has a gold mine in these books.
2. Another series by Cassandra Clare, these books are written to be the prequel to The Mortal Instruments. The characters in this book are the ancestors to the characters in TMI. The crossovers are GENIUS! I have to say that this book as the best love triangle I have ever read about.
3. Shatter Me did exactly what the title said it would do... it shattered me!!!! I LOVE this book. The way the author uses her voice is amazing. Tahereh Mafi has a beautiful way of twisting words into spun gold. This story begins with a girl whose touch is lethal, and she is being housed and starved in an asylum. I was so surprised by how fast this book sucked me in. This was a late night reading session for sure! ALL of the following books are also amazing in this series. This one is definitely worth your time.
4. This book really speaks to the Hunger Games fans out there. If you haven't read the Hunger Games yet, you might want to reconsider your living habits. If you are a person who doesn't like to give into hype, I totally understand, but like the Hunger Games, this book is about to get REALLY hyped. This book has a lot of death, violence, and choices. It has a lot of twists, and it really makes people think about themselves as they read it. READ it before the hype kills it!!!!
5. This book is another book that took me by surprise. This is the first book I have read where the female character has blue hair and tats. (I thought that was pretty cool.) And, it taught me what a chimera was, a creature half human and half beast. This book has a lot of darkness to it. The main character, Karou, has been raised by chimera, but she is a human. She goes on missions for them to collect teeth from animals...and humans. You find out later what the teeth are for, and it TOTALLY blows your mind. This book is twisted and awesome!